I began my counselling journey after crossing paths with a Macmillan Nurse. She said: “what’s your story; it’s important to tell your story”.
I was deeply impacted by the power of these words and the changes that took place following them. I came away thinking, wow, I want to do that. I want to hear people’s stories and support them through difficult times in their lives. It is an honour to be in a position to support people through difficulties that they may be experiencing.
I went on to train with Inspire Counselling and Training and, after a four years of study, gained a Level 4 diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, accredited by CPCAB. I also hold a range of Continuing Professional Development certificates obtained through my volunteer roles at Suffolk MIND, the NSPCC, and training with Suffolk Drugs and Alcohol Team (DAAT).
CPD Certificates and Training:
- Mental Health in the Counselling Room, with Chris Andrews, BCT.
- Foundation Course in Substance Misuse, with Suffolk Drugs and Alcohol Awareness Team
- Overdose Training, with Suffolk Drugs and Alcohol Awareness Team
- Assessing the Impact of Parental Substance Misuse, with Suffolk Drugs and Alcohol Awareness Team
- Adolescent Mental Health Training, with Suffolk Drugs and Alcohol Awareness Team
- Sexual Health, with the Terence Higgins Trust (THT)
- Child Neglect
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Child Protection
- Preventing Bullying
- Children’s Rights Programme
- CBT for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relational Trauma
- An Integrative Approach to Hoarding
I am experienced in working with stress, anxiety, depression, chronic illnesses and relationship issues. I have proven experience of being an effective counsellor and helping clients to achieve positive outcomes.
I am a volunteer counsellor for Suffolk Mind, a well known and reputable mental health charity. I am hugely thankful to be part of this organisation. I have been well supported through my growth as a counsellor and it has provided me with a breadth of knowledge and experience, working with clients from varied and diverse backgrounds.
I am committed to my own growth and learning and attend a monthly Personal Development Group. I receive regular supervision from an experienced and accredited counsellor and supervisor.
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. I work within their code of ethics which can be found on their website, www.bacp.co.uk. I can also provide you with a copy upon request.